Plastic Egg Moulds
We all want our children to have healthy and delicious meals. Sometimes though, they need a little encouragement. Kids on Abington love these beautiful egg moulds to shape your child’s food into something edible but exciting. Our egg moulds are the perfect kitchen accessory for pressing a boiled egg into a fun shape, or for using as a rice mould to encourage fussy eaters with a happy shape.
We have three wonderful sets of egg moulds you can choose from. All sets are made of durable and colourful ABS plastic with a simple clam style design and secure clasp. Our egg moulds are completely BPA free plastic and happily sit in the top shelf of the dishwasher for easy cleaning. And yes, we have to confess, at our house the kids have played with them several times with playdoh to create fun shapes.
Step By Step Boiled Egg Guide
The method for creating your own shaped boiled eggs is incredibly simple, from testing, we have found large and extra large eggs produce the best results:
- Step 1: Boil your egg till firm in a saucepan of boiling water (it sometimes seems a bit of a challenge to get the perfect boiled egg – we have found that if you wait till the water is at a good “rolling” boil, then you gently spoon the eggs in, time them for 8 minutes, they will be perfect). Remove the hot boiled eggs with a slotted spoon.
- Step 2: Quickly pop the boiled eggs in a bowl of cool water to cool them slightly (this also eliminates that weird green colour you sometimes get on the edge of the yolk)
- Step 3: Dry your egg off on a tea towel and peel your eggs as quickly as possible – be careful, they are hot
- Step 4: Place your egg in the opened egg mould and close it firmly shut over the egg
- Step 5: Place the filled egg mould back into the bowl of cool water and place the bowl in the fridge for ten minutes.
- Step 6: Remove the egg from the egg mould and enjoy the fun!
Now the only problem you have is selecting which egg moulds to purchase as all our designs are adorable!
Our star and heart egg mould set is our most popular as it suits both boys and girls and can be used for a multitude of lunch themes and parties. Space, little star, starfish – are perfect options for the star and Valentines day, little lunch o’ love and sweethearts for the heart.
Check out next the car and fish egg mould set, this is one of our favourites as we love that you can pop a little car shaped egg into your child’s lunch for car trips. Perfect for picnics with fish and chips the baby fish shape is simply adorable. Create transport themed lunches or under the sea with this fabulous egg mould set.
And our third set we have available is simply adorable. The cutest teddy bear and baby bunny. This is one of the favourites in my home and when our children previously wouldn’t even touch a boiled egg, when it is shaped into a teddy or bunny with an egg mould, it’s gobbled up in seconds! Exactly what you need for Easter, teddy bears picnics, or woodland themes, the teddy and bunny egg moulds coordinate food with many of our other bento accessories, so make sure you take a look at the extensive selections on offer!
We look forward to hearing how much your child loves their shaped eggs that you have created for them in your new egg moulds!